Precautions For Profits?

As well all know, Hurrican Irma has hit Athens, Georgia.  While we are dealing with severe power outages and fallen trees, the destruction is much, much worse in Florida. One of my closest friends from Orlando is staying with me for the week due to the hurricane.  When he first called me, he told me he was driving up instead of flying.  I was curious why he wanted to drive since there would be so much traffic and I have a car.  He told me that he couldn't afford a flight because ticket prices had skyrocketed to over 500 dollars for one way!

Airlines like American Airlines and Delta Airlines are profiting off of Floridians trying to evacuate properly.  How more un-American can this be?



Just a few weeks ago we were showing support Texas and coming together as a nation.  Now it is almost as if certain companies are faulting the people for natural disasters.  It is just cruel and unfair. 

I found an article on Independent.com that talks more about this issue. 



If the possibility of losing valuables and loved ones in the hurricane is not enough, airlines are trying to have evacuees break the bank while trying to stay safe.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mayweather Vs. McGregor: They Gave Us What We Wanted

Fight Of The Century?

Ball In The Family